ICPHSO Announces New Board Members & Officers
Tuesday, March 01, 2016
Posted by: Lauren Schoener-Gaynor
Washington, D.C. – March 1, 2016 – The International Consumer Product Health and Safety Organization (ICPHSO) announced today at its Annual Meeting and Training Symposium being held in Washington, D.C., the election of a number of distinguished product health and safety professionals from around the world to its board. The ICPHSO board determines basic policies, sets goals and objectives, elects officers and approves the budget in accordance with the bylaws of the organization.
Elected to the Board of Directors to serve an initial three-year term are the following:
- Renee Chiang, Technical Manager, Gap Inc., San Francisco, California
- Matthew R. Howsare, Of Counsel, Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky & Popeo PC, Washington, D.C.
- Ruth Mackay, Principal, Ruth Mackay & Associates, representing Consumers Federation of Australia, Canberra, Australia
- Anne Stone, Director, Public Affairs, Promotional Products Association International (PPAI), Irving, Texas Belinda May, Partner, Dentons US LLP, St. Louis, Missouri, and current board member was elected to ICPHSO’s Executive Committee as a Vice President of the organization.
The Executive Committee is comprised of the officers of the board and is as follows for 2016-17:
- President: Nancy Cowles, Executive Director, Kids in Danger
- President Elect and 2017 Symposium Planning Chair: Rick Brenner, President, Logical Advisors
- Vice President: Belinda May, Partner, Dentons US LLP
- Immediate Past President: Alan Kaufman, Senior Vice President, Technical Affairs, Toy Industry Association
- Treasurer: Mike Dwyer, CAE, President, Juvenile Product Manufacturers Association (JPMA)
- Secretary: Marc J. Schoem, Executive Director, ICPHSO
ICPHSO, founded in 1993 is the only organization which attracts a global membership of health and safety professionals and meets annually to exchange ideas, share information, and address health and safety concerns affecting all consumers. ICPHSO members represent U.S. and global government agencies, manufacturers, importers, retailers, trade associations, certification/testing laboratories, law firms, academia, standards writing organizations, media and consumer advocacy groups. More information is available on ICPHSO’s newly enhanced website at: www.icphso.org.
# # #
ICPHSO Media Contact: